Since 2014 Space Ventures Investors has been researching Space Resources business models.
The long-term business models; how feasible are operations on the Lunar surface and all the steps involved.
• Who is part of the supply-chain to the Moon and back?
• Who is developing the right technology for the right purpose, e.g. water extraction from regolith or the Moon's South Pole craters,
• The opportunity of when and how to enter this highly complex and lucrative emerging industry – timing is crucial.
• Lunar Surface Mining; the fluctuations in prices of precious and rare earth meals can bring forward the eventuality and affordability of Lunar Surface mining operations, combined with decreasing launch prices.
• Read more at Moon Mining.
• Which companies are actively pursuing Asteroid Mining, currently we focus on exploration and inspection; detection and tracking are the best current business models.
• Intercepting Near Earth Objects and extracting resources may be 10 years away, innovation is required to turn the concepts into industrial operations.
• SVI keeps up to date on the status of missions from agencies like NASA, ESA and JAXA.
• Read more at Asteroid Mining.
The Lunar Resources Registry (LRR) enables commercial and non-commercial organisations to acquire rights to explore and extract resources. The LRR has been accepted into a European Space Agency Business Incubation Centre in 2021 (pending final contract signing).
If you have an academic or commercial interest in the Lunar Resources Registry and would like to add a location of interest, please get in contact.