Based on our ongoing in-house space resources research, we have evaluated:
‣ The long-term business models; how feasible are operations on the Lunar surface and all the steps involved. Who is part of the supply-chain to the Moon and back?
‣ Who is developing the right technology for the right purpose, e.g. water extraction from regolith or the Moon's South Pole craters,
‣ and the opportunity of when and how to enter this highly complex and lucrative emerging industry - timing is crucial.
‣ Which companies are actively pursuing Asteroid Mining, currently we focus on exploration and inspection.
‣ Intercepting Near Earth Objects and extracting resources may be 10 years away.
‣ Detection and tracking are the best current business models.
‣ The reality of mining an asteroid and what needs to be done first.
‣ The status of mission from agencies like NASA, ESA and JAXA.
Since 2014 Space Ventures Investors has been researching Space Resources business models.
Most of the concepts are understood, but all the different types of technology required to build a value chain (or as we call it, a Strategic Space Value Chain), are not. Therefore, our strategy has been to research the companies that make up the different parts of the value chain.
Recently we have formed a joint venture to facilite a Space Resources economy, the Space Commodities Exchange .
Ultimately, to make Space Resources a reality, it comes down to organising capital into projects that focus on a very specific business cases, such as extracting water from the Moon's south pole, Helium 3 from the regolith, or finding and extracting platinum group metals on the Lunar surface.
In 2018 and again in 2019 Space Ventures Investors is conducting Space Resources Due Diligence. This includes:
‣ Companies pursuing Space Resources, (We will focus on Lunar operations) businesses.
‣ New and imminent opportunities in Space Resources; what to invest in right now.
‣ Modelling the change in supply of commodities from space on earth markets.
For more information get in contact with us.
Space Ventures Investors has the developed the framework to model space resources operations such as:
‣ Lunar Surface Mining (see example to the right). The fluctuations in prices of precious and rare earth meals can bring forward the eventuality and affordability of Lunar Surface mining operations, irrespective of long-awaited decreasing launch prices.
‣ Due to the involvement with the Space Commodities Exchange, models have been developed to gauge the market size of trading water (hydrogen, oxygen) in multiple orbits, e.g. low-earth orbit, geo-synchronous orbit, and Cislunar.
Custom models can be tailored to client requests. For more information get in contact with us.
In-Situ Resource Utilization.
Home of the Space Resources Roundtable.
Colorado School of Mines.
Colorado School of Mines has been a leading institution for the study of space resources and in situ resource utilization (ISRU)
Moon Village Association.
The Moon Village Association is a non-governmental organization (NGO) based in Vienna. Its goal is the creation of a permanent global informal forum for stakeholders like governments, industry, academia and the public interested in the development of the Moon Village.
Space Resources Community.
Space Resources Community Voice: Be Active! You can directly write to your politician and government about the potential of space resources in growing our economies. It is vital to increase investment in space exploration: space resources on the Moon, Asteroids and Mars are obtainable objectives.
The Hague International Space Resources Governance Working Group .
On 12 November 2019, the Hague International Space Resources Governance Working Group adopted the Building Blocks for the Development of an International Framework on Space Resource Activities.
United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs:
United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space - see COPUOS.
Treaty on Principles Governing the Activities of States in the Exploration and Use of Outer Space, including the Moon and Other Celestial Bodies - See Outer Space Treaty.